The choice of which pigment to use is far from easy. The cool or warm undertone of the skin has to match with the cool or warm undertone of the pigment. Also when you want to mix two colors, the undertone is of real importance. But not everyone has a background in the theory of colour. Therefor Nouveau Contour developed the unique Skin Type Analysis Report System. This STAR System. The unique STAR System will prevent misjudgements in your colour choices in 3 easy steps.
Have your client answer the questions of the STAR report. Add up the score and find out which STAR category matches your client.
Take the STAR CHART and select the desired colour from this STAR category, together with your client. The front of the category contains the foreground colours; the back of the category contains the background colours.
Step 3 (optional)
If desired, take the Colour Guide to choose a lighter, darker, cooler or warmer shade. Note down the colour or colours on the client’s Star Report and put it away in the folder.
Nouveau Contour has taken the guesswork out of selecting Colours. For every Pigment Colour Nouveau Contour provides you with a detailed chart providing you with all the relevant information:
- Select the right colors without the risk of making wrong choises
- Easy to select a Pigment Colour to any skin undertone
- Description of the Pigment Colour undertone i.e. warm, cold or neutral is described
- The use and application of the Pigment Colour
- Cross-references to other Colours to achieve a lighter appearance of a Colour
- Cross-references to other Colours to achieve a darker appearance of a Colour
- Cross-references to other Colours to cool down a Colour
- Cross-references to other Colours to warm up a Colour